Over $200 Million In Verdicts & Settlements On Behalf Of Our Clients
The Answers You Need After A Medical Error
You trusted your medical team to provide you with the care and treatment you needed in a professional, effective manner, but now you are suffering. When a doctor or another medical personnel makes mistakes that result in injury or death, it can be hard to know what to do. Was it medical malpractice? If it was, what should you do?
Proving medical malpractice claims in Maryland is difficult, and the process for filing a case is complicated. Schlachman, Belsky, Weiner & Davey, P.A., has a long history of positive results in these challenging cases. We have successfully represented victims and their families for years and obtained significant compensation for those victims. Set up a free initial consultation by calling us at 855-865-6185 or contact us online, and we will respond to your call or email right away.
A Network Of Medical Specialists
Our firm has had a remarkable record of success with medical malpractice cases. Over the years, we have developed connections with experts across the nation who assist us in evaluating potential cases.
Examples of medical negligence cases we handle include those arising from:
- Surgical errors, such as operating on the wrong body part or leaving sponges or instruments in an incision
- Anesthesia errors that could result in brain injury or stroke
- Emergency room errors, such as a failure to diagnose or misdiagnosis of a heart attack, blood clot or stroke
- Birth injuries
- Medication errors
- Nursing errors
- Hospital negligence
- Radiology errors, such as failure to diagnose a life-threatening condition
We build strong cases, beginning with determining how the provider deviated from the proper standard of care. We consult with economists and others to learn how the injury has affected your life and work. We also represent the families of those who died because of medical malpractice by filing wrongful death claims to obtain the resources that allow them to put their lives back together.
When Doctors Cause Catastrophic Injury Or Death
Some medical errors lead to temporary injuries that heal over time. Others can cause permanent, life-changing conditions. A patient can become paralyzed, lose brain function or even die as a result of these significant lapses. These events fall into the category of serious medical malpractice, and they require a serious legal response.
The Consequences Of A Serious Error
Patients can experience profound loss due to a health care provider’s carelessness. In more serious cases, this can involve a failure to diagnose a life-threatening condition, gross negligence during surgery or using the improper technique during a procedure.
Injuries from these incidents may include:
- Partial or total paralysis
- Permanent vision loss
- Significant cognitive impairment
- Loss of speech capabilities
- Limb loss and avoidable amputations
These injuries can result in a fatality in tragic circumstances, or require lifelong medical care and assistance.
Why Do Severe Medical Errors Happen?
Every case has its own unique set of circumstances, which our team of medical experts and specialists will unravel.
However, significant medical errors tend to fall into these categories:
- Fatigue: Overworked doctors and nurses are more prone to serious lapses in judgment.
- Alcohol or drug use: Performing complex procedures while impaired can lead to catastrophe for patients.
- Inadequate communication: If one staff member does not relay critical information, another may inadvertently cause a medical crisis.
- Poor documentation: Overlooking a key aspect of a patient’s medical history can have serious consequences.
- Insufficient staffing: Many hospitals and clinics do not have the staffing levels necessary to properly care for their patients.
Discuss Your Potential Medical Malpractice Case
We are committed to serving your best interest. We will not urge you to settle for a quick buck. We have been in practice since 1979, and we have built our reputation by working closely with each client to determine the best course of action in their situation. If we make the strategic decision to take your case to court, we have the experience, staff, contacts and resources to pursue your claim effectively.
Set up a free initial consultation now. Call us at 855-865-6185 toll free or contact us online, and we will respond to your call or email right away.